ABOUT US

The Parish of Saint Conval serves the Catholic Community of Linwood. The Parish is under the patronage of Saint Conval, who preached the Gospel along the course of the White & Black Cart rivers, travelling by Coracle.
Saint
 Conval in his Coracle is the logo of the parish.

PRIVACY NOTICE
ADDRESS

Parish of Saint Conval

Greenfarm Road
Linwood 
Renfrewshire
PA3 3HB
Scotland, UK.

 

Email Us

  • Grey Facebook Icon
coa-paisley-final.png
FIND US

© Copyright Parish of Saint Conval 2019 . Site created by PLC Scotland.

ABOUT US

The Parish of Saint Conval serves the Catholic Community of Linwood. The Parish is under the patronage of Saint Conval, who preached the Gospel along the course of the White & Black Cart rivers, travelling by Coracle.
Saint Conval in his Coracle is the logo of the parish.

ABOUT OUR PARISH

Our Parish was founded in 1898 to Serve the Local Catholic Community of Linwood.

ABOUT OUR CHURCH

The present Church on Bridge of Weir and Greenfarm Road is the third in Linwood and was opened in 1967. The ‘Flypast’ below shows its interior and setting. Unusually, for a Catholic Church, it contains a War Memorial, there being no Civic Centre in Linwood when the Parish was established.

ABOUT OUR PRIEST

Canon Michael McMahon was appointed as Parish Priest by Bishop John Keenan, Bishop of Paisley, in October 2015. 

Canon William Crawford, a retired Priest of the Diocese of Paisley,
is also resident.

 
ABOUT OUR PARISH

Our Parish was founded in 1898 to Serve the Local Catholic Community of Linwood. The Original Church was the Church of St. Ethelburga (+675AD, the Founder of the First Monastic Order for Women in Britain) which served the mining Communities of Inkerman (close to the present day site of Glasgow Airport). When the mine was fully worked, Inkerman was  abandoned and the Church transported whole to Linwood.

 
Parish Tour Video

Here is a tour video of the Parish that is rarely seen in this way by members of the Congregation. It was given to us as special privilege  to allow us to appreciate the beauty of our Parish church. 

It is of course the Angel's Eye View!

ABOUT OUR PRIEST

Canon Michael McMahon 

Canon Michael McMahon was appointed as Parish Priest by Bishop John Keenan, Bishop of Paisley, in October 2015.


He is Chaplain to St. Benedict’s High School and Our Lady of Peace Primary School.


He is also Director of Education for the Diocese of Paisley :

www.rcdop.org.uk/education

Related Links:

St. Benedict’s High School

Our Lady of Peace Primary School

Diocese of Paisley